Engineering Group is the largest Italian player in System Integration and is the market leader along the whole value chain of software production. Engineering operates through 5 Business Units supported by 6 Horizontal Competence Centres and a large Research & Innovation Division with 600 researchers active on R&D projects co financed by both Italian and European authorities. Engineering Group employs 6,200 people.
Engineering operates in all market segments – banks, insurance, industry, telecommunications, defence, healthcare, central and local public administration, utility and strategic consultancy – offering technological expertise to develop and manage complex information systems for more than 800 client companies.
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica also offers managed operations at the Pont Saint Martin Service Centre, a 12,000 m2 data centre facility guaranteeing uninterrupted service 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day and which has reached Tier 3 in the quality standards and Ultime Institute security. Over the three years 2006 to 2008, Engineering invested over 50 M€ in R&D and its Research and Innovation centre obtained major results in the relevant domains of services architectures, process security, information systems and business process modelling.
ENG also invests in major international partnerships including
- the open source consortium, OW2 of which Engineering is a founding member
- the European Technology Platform dedicated to software and services, NESSI, of which Engineering is a founding partner
- the European Technology Platform dedicated to networked and electronic media, NEM, of which Engineering is a member
- the European Organization Security association, of which Engineering is a member and coordinates the ICT Working Group focusing on secure solutions for critical infrastructures as well as the role of security in public and private procurement requirements
- the European Future Internet Initiative (and its evolution into the European Future Internet Alliance)